Produced using mesquite wood, this malt is a unique, enzyme-active specialty malt that contributes pronounced smoke and upfront earthy mesquite flavor with some sweetness and is surprisingly smooth.
- Malt Style: Smoked Malt
- Flavor: Pronounced smoke, Upfront earthy mesquite, Slightly sweet (less sweet than Briess Cherry Wood Smoked Malt), Smooth
- Aroma: Smooth smoke
- 5-10% Noticeable smoke character in lighter styles such as Scottish Ales and Oktoberfests
- 10-20% Pronounced smoke character in lighter styles like Scottish Ales and Oktoberfests
- 30-60% Noticeable to pronounced smoke character in darker styles like Stouts and Porters
- Briess Mesquite Smoked Malt delivers pronounced smoke flavor. We recommend limiting usage to 60% of the grist.