Midnight Wheat Malt - 1#
- Malt Style: Bitterless Black Malt
- Flavor: Subtle, smooth, No bitter, astringent, dry flavors or aftertaste, Starts slightly sweet, Hints of roasted flavor, Finishes exceptionally clean
- Color: Dark brown to black tones
Midnight wheat is the smoothest source of black color of any malt available. Midnight Wheat Malt will contribute the same color characteristics as Black Malt but without the bitter, astringent, dry flavors or aftertaste. Use as replacement to debittered black malt. Excellent in Black IPAs, Schwarzbiers, other dark ales and lagers and for color adjustment in any beer style.
- 1-2% Minor color adjustment with little to no flavor impact in lighter colored lagers and ales
- 2-5% Adds color with subtle, very smooth flavor
- 5-7% Use in larger quantities for color plus hints of smooth roasted flavor